Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Michael Vincent Hodgins is the son of Angela Montenegro and Jack Hodgins. While Angela was pregnant, it was discovered that Michael had a 25% chance of being born blind, due to both of his parents being LCA (Leber's Congenital Amaurosis) carriers. In the episode The Blackout in the Blizzard (Season 6, Episode 16), Angela and Jack have to wait during a citywide blackout for Jack's genetic test results, to see if he is also an LCA carrier. He does indeed turn out to be a carrier, giving their unborn child a 25% chance of having LCA. However, Michael's eyesight appeared to be completely normal upon birth. In season 7, Michael is enrolled in daycare at the Jeffersonian, but Angela sneaks him into the lab to visit Hodgins under Cam's nose. They're caught and Cam reminds them of her "no babies in the lab" rule. He seems to like Cam, and Cam cannot resist his cute little baby smile. In season 9, in the episode The Carrot in the Kudzu, Michael attends Christine's birthday party in the park.
Angela's family has a tradition where her father names the babies. He chose Staccato Mamba, which Jack Hodgins vehemently refused, saying the names they had chosen were Michael Joseph for a boy and Katherine Temperance for a girl. However, the couple finally chooses Michael Staccato Vincent Hodgins after the baby is born. Michael like they wanted, Staccato like Angela's father wanted, and Vincent after the late Vincent Nigel-Murray. He is usually called Michael Vincent by his parents, as well as other family and friends.
- After many sleepless nights with the baby, Angela and Jack agree to let Angela's father babysit Michael. Against his parents' wishes, his grandfather played loud rock and roll music, which seemed to put him at ease and allow him to sleep.
- The song is Hi Fi Mama.
- His middle name comes from the deceased intern Vincent.
- It is possible he, like is his parents, is also a carrier of LCA.
- Michael often likes to play with Christine, the daughter of Hodgins' and Angela's friends Brennan and Booth.
- In The Mutilation of the Master Manipulator, Hodgins mentions he is allergic to cats.