Rodolfo Fuentes is a Squintern introduced in Season 9 of Bones.
Rodolfo was born and raised in Cuba, where he had a PhD in forensic anthropology from the University of Havana and worked as the head forensic anthropologist for the Cuban government. He was able to defect and get asylum in the United States, but since his doctorate isn't valid there, he is studying to get an American degree.
He has a very similar personality to Brennan, although he has far more people skills. Self asserting, confident and strongly follows the evidence. He's also rather adorable personality-wise, and rather funny although he makes a bad first impression with all the woman in the lab because he thinks he can get in their pants, especially Dr. Brennan.
Quote from the episode The repo man in the septic tank season 9 episode 17:
Rodolfo Fuentes: Excellent work, Dr. Brennan. You should be very proud!
Dr. Temperance 'Bones' Brennan: You are not in a position to evaluate me! I'm your boss!
[Dr. Fuentes giggles]
Dr. Temperance 'Bones' Brennan: Why are you smiling at me?
Rodolfo Fuentes: You and I, I sense tension! I think soon we'll make love
Dr. Temperance 'Bones' Brennan: Ha, ha, ha, that will not be happening, Dr. Fuentes! And if you would like to continue working here, you will not make that suggestion again
Rodolfo Fuentes: Of course, but it is a pity.
He is an atheist. And he loves chainsaws.
Season 9 Edit
Season 10 Edit
Season 11 Edit
Season 12 Edit
- Rodolfo was supposed to come back for the final two episodes of the series, but Ignacio Serricchio was ultimately not able to appear.
- His grandfather was a part of Kennedy's invasion in the Bay of Pigs
- He reported to have personally met Fidel Castro
- Actor Ignacio Serricchio played chef Alejandro Lopez-Fernando in The Last Meal in the spin-off series: The Finder. Chef Lopez-Fernando's specialty dish is Ropa Vieja (the old clothes), which Dr. Fuentes states in The Repo Man in the Septic Tank that his father taught him to cook.
- He revealed that he performs a Double Red Blood Cell Donation every four months in The Steal in the Wheels.