With Kovac still at large, the team searches for evidence to track him down. After Brennan experiences a setback, the rest of the team must figure out how to find Kovac without her, putting everything she has ever taught them to the test. When all signs point to Kovac having outside help, as well as a hideout, Booth and Brennan go searching for him.
- Temperance Brennan - Emily Deschanel
- Seeley Booth - David Boreanaz
- Jack Hodgins - T.J. Thyne
- Angela Montenegro - Michaela Conlin
- Camille Saroyan - Tamara Taylor
- James Aubrey - John Boyd
Intern of the WeekEdit
- Eugene Byrd as Clark Edison
- Michael Grant Terry as Wendell Bray
- Carla Gallo as Daisy Wick
- Laura Spencer as Jessica Warren
- Pej Vahdat as Arastoo Vaziri
- Gerard Celasco as Mark Kovac
- Brit Shaw as Jeannine Kovac
- Tiffany Hines as Michelle Welton
- Patricia Belcher as ADA Caroline Julian
- Sara Rue as Karen Delfs
- Sunnie Pelant as Christine Booth
- Guiseppe Scoleri as Agent Freddy Pino
- David T. Boreanaz as Dave Roberts
- Blaine Holtkamp as Dr. Domick Dupont
Almost Home by Moby
Out the Blue by John Lennon
- This episode is a direct continuation of the previous episode and the end of the Mark Kovac story arc.
- The meaning of 447 is revealed in this episode.
- The destruction of the lab was an plot element Hart Hanson had planned to save for the series finale since mid-Season 1. The idea originated from David Boreanaz, who wanted to drive a tank through the lab to destroy it.
- The showdown scene with the helicopter was the last sequence shot for the entire series.
- Brennan recurring line "I don't know what that means" (first said in Pilot) becomes relevant to the plot in the beginning of the episode, when she says it regarding bone evidence.
- Hodgins finally gets his "King of the Lab" title, which he has proclaimed since Aliens in a Spaceship, when Cam temporarily leaves him in charge of the lab.
- During the scene outside the Jeffersonian, Booth is wearing his "COCKY" belt buckle, another recurring gag in the series.
- The scene where Brennan remembers past moments with her interns has references to events from previous episodes:
- Cam proposing to Arastoo in The Movie in the Making
- Wendell having a cigarette in the back of his ear to remind him of his father (The Perfect Pieces in the Purple Pond)
- Clark's book from The Carrot in the Kudzu
- Learning how to tweet with Jessica in The Teacher in the Books
- Fighting attackers with Daisy in two occasions: The Mastodon in the Room and The Mystery in the Meat
- Brennan holds the Bobblehead Bobby figure, which Booth acquired in Yanks in the U.K. 2 and has appeared in many episodes since.
- The scene where Booth comforts Brennan at the FBI has callbacks from past events:
- Their kiss outside in the rain in The Parts in the Sum of the Whole
- Firing "Tommy guns" in The Bikini in the Soup
- Proposing with beef jerky in The Secret in the Siege
- Their undercover adventures as Buck and Wanda and Tony and Roxy
- Singing "Hot Blooded"
- Booth tells Brennan that they're "better than Mulder and Scully". He told her "We're Scully and Mulder" back in the Pilot. Like 12 years before, she replies "I don't know what that means".
- The last act of the episode features many easter eggs from various past episodes:
- The plaque in memory of Vincent Nigel-Murray, who was killed in The Hole in the Heart. The plaque has appeared many times since.
- Hodgins's rubber band ball, made of all the rubber bands he used to control his anger (The Parts in the Sum of the Whole & Season 1)
- The poem book Arastoo gave Cam in The Bod in the Pod
- The first picture that Angela's holding is the same photograph that Sebastian Kohl liked during Angela's photo show in The Donor in the Drink
- A photo of Hodgins and Zack during Christmas 2005
- Cam's half of the salt shaker set, from The Doctor in the Den
- A dolphin necklace, referencing Brennan and her mother's affection for dolphins (The Woman in Limbo)
- A photo of Brennan and Max at her wedding.
- Sweets's book about Booth and Brennan. He worked on it over the years, and it was found after his death, in The Psychic in the Soup.
- Jasper the toy pig from The Blonde in the Game
- A video featurette about these easter eggs shows a few that did not make it to the broadcast cut of the episode, including a gift from Dr. Goodman, the nunchuks from The Devil in the Details, and Brennan's medal from The Finder.
- Caroline Julian: Maybe Judge Judy needs a prosecutor.
- Hodgins: Squints of the world unite!
- Brennan: If the thing that made me me is gone, who am I?
Booth: “You’re the woman I love. You’re the woman who kissed me outside a pool hall when it was pouring rain. You took me to shoot Tommy guns on Valentine’s Day. That’s who you are. You’re the one who proposed to me with a stick of beef jerky in her hand even though you’re a vegetarian. You’re the Roxie to my Tony, and the Wanda to my Buck. Who else is gonna sing ‘Hot Blooded’ with me? And besides…we’re way better than Mulder and Scully.”
Brennan: “I don’t know what that means.”
Booth: "I don’t care if you know about the bones or we know how to solve crimes. All I know is that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. This is you. Temperance Brennan. You’re my partner. Don’t forget that."