The Final Chapter of BONES picks up where last season's cliffhanger left off - Brennan (Emily Deschanel) kidnapped by her former assistant, Zack Addy (guest star Eric Millegan), as Booth (David Boreanaz) and the rest of the lab desperately search for her. Brennan's rescue is, however, just the beginning of their problems.
- Temperance Brennan - Emily Deschanel
- Seeley Booth - David Boreanaz
- Jack Hodgins - T.J. Thyne
- Angela Montenegro - Michaela Conlin
- Camille Saroyan - Tamara Taylor
- James Aubrey - John Boyd
Intern of the WeekEdit
- Zack Addy - Eric Millegan
- Sara Rue - Karen Delfs
- Ravi Kapoor as Dr. Mihir Roshan
- Tim Guinee as Dr. Brandon Faulk
- The drug that Dr. Roshan nearly injected Zack with is Succinylcholine, the same drug Cam found in the remains in The Monster in the Closet.
- Zack took Brennan to the Jeffersonian's basement, which still holds the Gormogon Vault since The Widow's Son in the Windshield.
- The newspaper clippings in Zack's box are from Harbingers in the Fountain and The Man in the Cell.
- Sweets's death in The Conspiracy in the Corpse is stated as the reason for Zack's head injury.
- Several plot points from The Perfect Pieces in the Purple Pond are relevant near the end of the episode:
- Zack said "I'm stronger than I look" to Sweets and Booth. He repeats this line during the climax of this episode, and it's also shown he is indeed stronger than he appears.
- Sweets said to Zack that "people have no idea if they're capable of ending a life until they're put in that situation". In this episode, Zack is put in a position where he should kill Dr. Roshan to save himself, but he's still unable to do so. This leads Zack to admit to Booth and Brennan that he didn't kill Ray Porter, like he did to Sweets eight years prior.