When Booth takes Bones to jail for the identification of a corpse badly damaged in a prison fire, she finds it's a fireman's, made to resemble that of the cell's inmate, serial murderer Howard Epps. (see episodes A Man on Death Row and The Blonde in the Game). Howard has escaped prison; soon after they discover the fireman's body, he calls the Jeffersonian and tells Brennan that his actions will be directed at her and giving her clues. His ex-wife refuses help and protection from the FBI; later, they realize that she's his first target. They later find her severed head in a fridge. During the autopsy, Booth urges Cam to ignore protocol and cut the head open without an xray to hurry things along. However, when she cuts into the head, she cuts into a hidden glass vial, which releases a powder which poisons Cam leaving her near death. His attempts to intimidate the team continue: he sends a box with a human heart and newspaper clipping marking where Angela was cited as the "heart of the team"; he approaches Booth's son Parker at the playground and buys him an ice cream cone, only to return him unscathed. Booth tries to put the pressure on Howard by arresting his disgusting, abusive mother Marianne Epps, with whom he has a mutually sick relationship, but the cruelly clever chain of dangers continues, right to the last surprise act...
- Temperance Brennan - Emily Deschanel
- Seeley Booth - David Boreanaz
- Jack Hodgins - T.J. Thyne
- Angela Montenegro - Michaela Conlin
- Zack Addy - Eric Millegan
- Camille Saroyan - Tamara Taylor
- Parker Booth - Ty Panitz
- Howard Epps - Heath Freeman
- Caroline Epps - Christie Lynn Smith
- Warden T.C. Everett - Mik Scriba
- FBI Agent Jay Ramirez - Pancho Demmings
- Marianne Epps - Kathy Lamkin
- Dr. Barbara Young - Sandra Purpuro
- Rose Alipo - Giovannie Espiritu
- "What's So Funny About Peace Love and Understanding" - Nick Lowe
- "Running Up That Hill" - Placebo
- "Merry-Go-Round Waltz (un-named)"
Cam was supposed to be killed in this episode, but the writers thought the tension between her and Brennan was great.
At least according to the layout of the shop, the power to blow out the window in a huge ball of flame would've been enough to easily kill everyone inside of the leather goods store.
Bones: Considering the relationship between you and Cam, I'd like to say the right thing, Booth, but I don't know what it is.
Booth: Excuse me, it's not the size that matters. It's how you *use* it.
Brennan: Well, I think size is pretty important.
Judas on a Pole
The Girl in the Gator
| Episodes: Season 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12|
Characters: Season 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12
Categories: Main Characters · Relationships