The FBI find a dead body holding a finger bone. An analysis at the Jeffersonian reveals that it comes from a pirate, leading the investigation to a project to dig up a pirate treasure allegedly buried centuries earlier by Blackbeard.
- Temperance Brennan - Emily Deschanel
- Seeley Booth - David Boreanaz
- Jack Hodgins - T.J Thyne
- Angela Montenegro - Michaela Conlin
- Zack Addy - Eric Millegan
- Daniel Goodman - Jonathan Adams
- Sam Cullen - John M. Jackson
- Harry Tepper - Cullen Douglas
- Branson Rose - Robert Foxworth
- Dane McGinnis - Rodney Rowland
- Giles Hardewicke - Fredric Lehne
- Mayor Frank Ney - Michael Chieffo
- Katie Ney - Lindsey Stoddart
- Harley Frankel - David Wells
- Eric Hughes - Chris Payne Gilbert
- "Whistles the Wind" - Flogging Molly
- "Bizarre Love Triangle" (Extended Mix) - New Order
The money pit described is similar to the one on Oak Island (in Canada). Perhaps the location was moved to Assateague Island to put it inside the United States (and thus in the FBI's jurisdiction).
Dane couldn't possibly cut the oxygen line on Hodgins before Booth shot him; he has the back of the knife on the hose. Even if it was serated, it would require a hard slice to even make a dent in a thick rubber hose.
- Brennan: This is a corpse. With skin.
Harry Tepper (FBI morgue guy): Oooh, she is good.
The Skull in the Desert
The Man in the Morgue
| Episodes: Season 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12|
Characters: Season 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12
Categories: Main Characters · Relationships