|The Parts in the Sum of the Whole|
|Season 5, Episode 16|
|Air date||April 8, 2010|
|Written by||Hart Hanson|
|Directed by||David Boreanaz|
In the 100th episode, Booth and Brennan tell Sweets about a mistake in his book. Sweets is shocked to learn of this mistake, and asks Booth and Brennan to reveal the truth. They agree, and flash back to the first time they worked on a case together. The formation and evolution of their relationship, as well as the relationships of the other Jeffersonian workers.
Booth and Brennan confront Sweets about the mistakes in his book about them, Sweets is surprised to learn that he made a mistake, he then asks Booth and Brennan to tell him the truth about their real first case. They tell Sweets the story of their first case leading to a series of flash backs to their first real case. While telling Sweets the story he discovers that they kissed for the first time after getting drunk. Sweets, outraged that they didn't tell him this, says that Booth should make the first move to begin a relationship with Brennan, since his conclusion is still the same that the two of them are in love with one another. They then leave the room where outside they talk about what Sweets had written in his book about them, Booth says he's "the gambler" and tells Brennan he wants to give them a shot. After Brennan saying that the FBI might not let work together anymore, Booth objects saying "Don't do that.", then kisses Brennan. Brennan pushes Booth away saying no, that he thinks he is protecting her but he is the one that needs protection from her, Booth then tells her that he has to move on no matter how long it takes for him to fall in love with someone else. The two of them then leave arm in arm walking away.
- Temperance Brennan - Emily Deschanel
- Seeley Booth - David Boreanaz
- Jack Hodgins - T.J Thyne
- Angela Montenegro - Michaela Conlin
- Camille Saroyan - Tamara Taylor
- Lance Sweets - John Francis Daley
- "Mmm" - Laura Izibor
- Booth is again mentioned to be a descendant of John Wilkes Booth, as Brennan said, by his bone structure.
- Last appearance of Zack Addy
- Booth mentions an event for a bunch of "hoity-toits"-- which he defines as shakers, machers and intellectual types of people such as Judge Hasty.
- Angela, when she sees Zack for the first time, refers to him as "Jimmy Neutron". Neither him nor Brennan know what she was talking about.
The Bones on the Blue Line
The Death of the Queen Bee
|Episodes: Season 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 Characters: Season 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 Categories: Main Characters · Relationships|