Three peoples' remains in a single urn confound the Jeffersonian team after, Todd Mirga, a wealthy artifact collector walks into his own funeral.
The victim turns out to be Todd Mirga's concierge, Daniel Barr. The murder weapon turns out to be "Der Schlachter Kelch" (German for "the Slaughterer's Chalice"), a long-lost, ancient artefact of 4,000-years, with a legendary and deadly history (having crossed hands, traversed over empires, continents, and millennia, mostly by murder, (not unlike the Spear of Longinus), hence it's name of "Slaughterer's Chalice"); it's earliest mention was in the Land of Punt, in 2018 B.C.; it was made from gold and silver, with inlays of jade, chalcedony, and ivory of narwhal tusk. The murderer is revealed to be Sarah Metzler, Todd Mirga's current girlfriend, who was trying to protect him from Daniel Barr's attempt to re-introduce Todd to heroin again (so that the two could continue to 'shoot-up' together, as 'drug-buddies).
Meanwhile, Finn and Hodgins strike it rich with their hot-sauce venture.
- Temperance Brennan - Emily Deschanel
- Seeley Booth - David Boreanaz
- Jack Hodgins - T.J Thyne
- Angela Montenegro - Michaela Conlin
- Camille Saroyan - Tamara Taylor
- Lance Sweets - John Francis Daley
Intern of the WeekEdit
- Michelle Welton - Tiffany Hines
- One and the Same by Gareth Dunlop and Kim Richey
- This episode marks the final appearance of Luke Kleintank as Finn Abernathy.